Re: BIAB File Archives

Bob 'Notes' Norton <norton@...>

I could consider hosting the files on my nortonmusic.com site, providing there are no melodies or other copyright violations in the files. They would be download only and any new files would have to be uploaded through me.

Notes

On 10/19/2019 6:44 AM, 'David H. Bailey' dhbailey52@... [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:
On 10/18/2019 9:56 PM, peter mudgett psmudgett@...
[Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

OK, finally got access to the files and downloaded a bunch with no
problems.  Don't think it's anything I did because there was no success
shortly after I switched from Firefox browser to Microsoft Edge and
redid my Yahoo password, but 3 hrs later I have access with both browsers!

Thanks to those who had indicated they were still OK with access;
encouraged me to keep trying.

[snip]

I also was able to download the files without doing anything.  It was
something at Yahoo that was causing the problem and it appears to be
fixed now.  Who knows for how long that will last.

It's a simple matter to visit each of the Band-in-a-Box-Files and
Band-in-a-Box-Files2 groups, right-click on each .zip file and select
"save content as" and then simply put the zip files from each group into
its own folder on your hard drive, in case you want to unzip them later.

I've downloaded all the .zip files to my hard drive and will burn them
onto a CD or DVD (whichever they'll fit on) so that should we find a new
home which will allow the sharing of files I can upload them eventually.

I think it took me all of ten minutes to do that for both of the two
files groups, so anybody who is interested in keeping the files for
future use should do so immediately before something gets messed up at
yahoo again.  And definitely before December 14th, which is when
yahoogroups will "no longer host user created content on its sites."

norton@...
Norton Music - http://www.nortonmusic.com
The Sophisticats® - http://www.s-cats.com