Re: BIAB VSTi?

D F Tweedie

"Haven't tried it, nor am I really likely to.

To be honest I'm using BIAB itself less nowdays, using Ludwig on various expressive  settings and instruments enabled to get multiple midi tracks that work together and then in Realband to get a combination I like and gradually replace the midi tracks with audio tracks from various electronic instruments.  Occasionally, I can use a BIAB midi track with that but usually it involves a lot fiddling with the timing to adjust to the groove. Realtracks aren't adjustable like that so they rarely work, though they are great when they do.

But playing with BIAB less leads to being less concerned with how things work.  :-/  "

Hmmm ... seems we may be going about the same thing in different ways.

I only want VSTi to work so I can 'cherry pick' real tracks for use in my DAW in conjunction with MIDI composing.

Never got into Ludwig ... it's collecting digital dust on my computer. I'm getting a lot of mileage out of Music Development's RapidComposer for MIDI arranging.

With Scaler, Captain Chords and others, it's a real field day for MIDI.

On Thursday, October 3, 2019, 10:27:29 PM PDT, Clifton Davis clifdavis@... [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

On Oct 1, 2019 7:15 PM, "D F Tweedie bienpegaito@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@...> wrote:

Been pretty quiet around here until Mr. Fiddle came along. :)

BIAB 2020 is just around the corner.

Wondering what the status of the VSTi implementation is at present. Any recommendations specific to that feature?

Thanks.

DF