Re: Streaming with BIAB

D F Tweedie

Hi ...

Here are two hypothetical answers.

1. Assuming that Second Life has some type of input for an audio stream from the local computer, you'd route the output from BIAB to that input.

2. If Second Life requires some third party program for streaming audio along with the game, you'd route the BIAB output to that input.

In conclusion ... assuming streaming other audio with the game is a function of that game, you'd stream BIAB just exactly as you would any other audio 'player.'

You will probably have to make sure that the Second Life or 3rd party audio input device (to which you will route BIAB output) is set as the default audio device in the Windows  via the Control Panel functions.

DF

On Monday, August 12, 2019, 2:00:23 AM PDT, 'David H. Bailey' dhbailey52@... [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

On 8/12/2019 12:38 AM, sermaniasal@... [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

> I would like to stream BIAB in a Sim program called Second Life.  I
> would like to use BIAB as my background while playing live in realtime..
> Does anyone have experience in this?  Does anyone have any advice?  I
> hit a lot of places with confusing data and brick walls.  Please help

[snip]

I don't know what the program Second Life is, but I'm not sure I
understand what you want to do. Are you trying to record a soundtrack
for your installation of Second Life? Are you wanting to have your
avatar appear to be playing what you're playing while you do it?

If I understand what you're trying to do I think the best way to use
BIAB in such a situation would be to save the BIAB-generated
accompaniment as an audio file. Once you've done that any glitches
would need to be addressed by the Second Life tech support people.

I think it would be very difficult to have BIAB generate its
accompaniment while you're playing at the same time and have it all work
together in Second Life.

Perhaps if you're more specific about what you are trying to do members
of this gorup could offer more specific help.