Re: Streaming with BIAB

David H. Bailey

On 8/12/2019 12:38 AM, sermaniasal@yahoo.com [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:
I would like to stream BIAB in a Sim program called Second Life.  I would like to use BIAB as my background while playing live in realtime. Does anyone have experience in this?  Does anyone have any advice?  I hit a lot of places with confusing data and brick walls.  Please help
[snip]

I don't know what the program Second Life is, but I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. Are you trying to record a soundtrack for your installation of Second Life? Are you wanting to have your avatar appear to be playing what you're playing while you do it?

If I understand what you're trying to do I think the best way to use BIAB in such a situation would be to save the BIAB-generated accompaniment as an audio file. Once you've done that any glitches would need to be addressed by the Second Life tech support people.

I think it would be very difficult to have BIAB generate its accompaniment while you're playing at the same time and have it all work together in Second Life.

Perhaps if you're more specific about what you are trying to do members of this gorup could offer more specific help.