Re: BIAB CEO says BIAB has been totally rewritten as a 64-bit program

D F Tweedie

I am going to hazard a very simple explanation: you can't import a file while the DAW is running.

I believe this is the essence of the VST plugin. It is a place holder to import files into the DAW.

Every time a RealTrack is rendered or rerendered it must still then be 'imported' to the DAW via the 'place holder,' i.e., BIAB plugin.

This would be different then a VST plugin 'processing' an existing file within the DAW.

Within BIAB, on the other hand, rerendering is part of the basic function of the program, so it is an entirely different type process. Even then, there is always a slight pause, no?

I may be 'out to lunch,' but I don't think it will ever be possible to have real time rendering by the BIAB plugin within the DAW unless there is something akin to the ARA 2.0 implented.

I suspect this is also the reason that the BIAB plugin displays all the core RealTrack basic renders in the plugin ... so you can alternate between what is already imported as you would with a play list when you've loop recorded multiple takes.

I'm going to inflate a little: that my 3 cents.

DF

On Thursday, February 28, 2019, 11:49:28 AM PST, media_production@... [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

Hi David--

Thanks for your email.

I was sharing the BIAB dialogue and hoping others like you and tech heads might have some insights or explanations as to why BIAB programmer is having problems in the VST plugin where in the the standalone version it can play a render while its still loading while in the VST plugin it can not.

This is a complex technical programming question, but it appears that the coding for the new BIAB 64-bit program bbw64.exe and the VST plugin exe do not integrate well.  I think the long render times in the VST plugin are a symptom of other bugs in this early VST plugin transition.   I’m also wondering if the VST plugin helper app that runs in the background (bbw4.exe 32 bit) is part of the problem why a render can not play while its loading—only after it finishes loading.  In my workflow process--speed is essential.  The long render times make the VST plugin a major problem for me.  Perhaps others can share their issues and insights to the VST plugin dilemma.

Rodger

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 3:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] BIAB CEO says BIAB has been totally rewritten as a 64-bit program

Hi Rodger,

I read your message but I didn't see a question aimed at members of this
group, only the questions you asked of Peter Gammon at PGMusic.

I appreciate your sharing his responses to your questions with the group.

It's good to know that BIAB2019 is a true 64-bit program. It's also
good to know why people are having problems using the plug-in with the
DAW apps.

Please keep us posted concerning any other responses you get from Peter.

Thanks,
David H. Bailey