Re: Another senior moment ! (3)

D F Tweedie

Can you go to Options > Preferences > OutputCh.

> I believe the option you are looking for is 'Output Chords' and
> 'Write Track to MIDI File'

David said: "Thank you very much for sharing the solution with us!"

Yea and Amen!

This is a great feature for those of us who like to work with MIDI in our DAWs and other MIDI composition software.

DF

On 11/27/2018 5:37 AM, Ian Graham idgraham@...
[Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

> I am grateful to Mikke of PG Support for this:
>

> Can you go to Options > Preferences > OutputCh.
>
> I believe the option you are looking for is 'Output Chords' and
> 'Write Track to MIDI File'
>

> Which does, indeed, ‘do’ what I was looking for.
>

> The odd thing is, though, that that tab feels entirely unfamiliar to me
> (it does offer some additional options eg specify which channel, and
> what ‘level’ of harmony). I still suspect that there is a slightly
> simpler parallel route hidden away somewhere.
>

> Not that it matters.
[snip]

Wow, I would never have thought of looking in that tab! I guess I need
to re-examine all those tabs for hidden gems like that setting to get
the chords into the midi file.

Thank you very much for sharing the solution with us!