Re: Another senior moment ! (3)

David H. Bailey

On 11/27/2018 5:37 AM, Ian Graham idgraham@btinternet.com [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:
I am grateful to Mikke of PG Support for this:
Can you go to Options > Preferences > OutputCh.
I believe the option you are looking for is 'Output Chords' and
'Write Track to MIDI File' Which does, indeed, ‘do’ what I was looking for.
The odd thing is, though, that that tab feels entirely unfamiliar to me (it does offer some additional options eg specify which channel, and what ‘level’ of harmony). I still suspect that there is a slightly simpler parallel route hidden away somewhere.
Not that it matters.
[snip]

Wow, I would never have thought of looking in that tab! I guess I need to re-examine all those tabs for hidden gems like that setting to get the chords into the midi file.

Thank you very much for sharing the solution with us!