Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 8:36 AM
Subject: [Band-in-a-Box] audio and BIAB

I have 3 options in audio settings: ASIO, MME, and WAS. I seem to experience chatter in each to varying degrees when recording audio into and out of BIAB. Also, audio is out of sync a good percentage of the time unless I freeze all tracks and that still can be out of sync. I am also experimenting with buffer size. A smaller size for recording and bigger for playback. This is a hassle. Is there a good compromise? When I change buffer sizes in BIAB does it affect buffer size in other programs? Is there a magic number? I realize that there are many better ways to record audio than BIAB, but it would sure be nice to get decent recordings while one is writing without having to drag files from program to program. Decent recordings happen sometimes. ;-) The stars have to be aligned... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Jim Mings