From: "'David H. Bailey' dhbailey52@... [Band-in-a-Box]"
To: Band-in-a-Box@...
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 12:34 AM
Subject: BIAB new version - still waiting [was: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] Digest Number 5632]

I'll bet for this year it's the same old stuff -- the products have been
sent to the printer and readied for download so nothing will probably
change this year. Perhaps if enough people complain about the
situation, things might change for next year.

I did post about this at the official PGMusic forum and got the sort of
replies I expected, with none of them coming from PGMusic personnel.

What I found interesting was that people pointed to other music software
products which label their versions "Komplete" and yet they are anything
*but* complete as if somehow some other company doing something
deceptive was justification. I don't get it -- didn't our parents teach
us all when we were younger and did something bad or stupid that our
justification that "everybody was doing it" didn't matter? Haven't we
tried to teach our children the same thing? I can see no justification
for calling a product "Everything" and not including everything the
company sells related to the main product.

I'd rather they change their labeling of the packages.

But they'll do what they've always done and try to nickel-and-dime us to
actually have "everything" after getting us to plunk down a sizable bit
of money for their version of "everything pak."

I guess what really hurts about all this is that PGMusic has always
seemed different from other software companies and I've always held them
up as an example when people have compained about other larger computer
industry companies -- guess I was wrong!

David H. Bailey