My keyboard does have sound. I finally figured out that some of the styles are Midi only.  That helped. But I don't know which ones have the drum track going in a different direction.

John

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Android

On Sep 9, 2017 11:45 AM, "D F Tweedie bienpegaito@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@...> wrote:

John ...

You do not have your routing set up properly. Are you sure you don't have a synth/ workstation? You refer to sending MIDI to your MIDI keyboard, but MIDI keyboards or controllers have no sound. Synths also do not play audio, they only generate sound modules with audio output from MIDI input ... so there is no way a synth/ workstation would be playing the audio from a BIAB file with audio and MIDI as in a RealDrums style.

The lag you hear is because you are sending audio to one output, your computer, and MIDI to another, to another.

I think your solutions will be to choose one or the other. If you want to use RealDrums MIDI styles you will have to use a softsynth with BIAB or you will have to use RealBand or some other DAW that can accommodate routing both audio and MIDI through it with some way to offset/ delay the audio to synch with you synth/ workstation.

DF

From: "John Thomas jatncnc@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@...>
To: Band-in-a-Box@...
Sent: Saturday, September 9, 2017 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] Problem with sound

On a related issue, sometimes when I choose a MIDI style, the drum track is sent to my computer speakers, and the rest of the tracks are sent to my attached MIDI keyboard.  And what's worse, the drum track is ahead of the MIDI tracks.  I have to mute the drum track to be able to use it at all.  On example is ZZBLUSTR.STY. Blues Straight Style.

Any ideas what is going on?

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 12:40 PM, D F Tweedie bienpegaito@... [Band-in-a-Box] <Band-in-a-Box@...> wrote:

My first thought is you are using a style with RealDrums and you have audio, but no MIDI.

Look through your MIDI routing to make sure BIAB is accessing whatever MIDI sound module your are using.

DF