From: "'Ian Graham' idgraham@... [Band-in-a-Box]"
To: Band-in-a-Box@...
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 5:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] (drum) Style suggestion, please

 Thank you, DFF, for this.
Taking your 'aside' first, I entirely agree - but I think we both know that ain't likely to happen any time soon !
Your point about quantising a swing style is a fair one, and I can therefore modify my original enquiry to delete 'EV' as a specification. What I'd like, in this instance, is a drum track that is swirly, not very kicky, ambient - ie probably stroked brushes plus some sort of cymbal(s); and rather subtly 'swung' - ie a swing ratio closer to parity than the default 2:1 or 3:1 ( - although that can maybe also be got at by quantising).
Either my original post was as clear as mud to most people, or (given the usually active and responsive support of this group) what I'm looking for just isn't there.
Is it fair to say, as additional comment, that though Biab makes clear specific provision for 'Brushes' in both RD and Midi, it is generally inclined to be rather robust and exuberant in its 'drumming'? The two places that I know of in Biab where there are kit lists, have lists that are pretty entirely devoted to 'hit' rather than 'stroked' instruments. .
As an additional question:
with RD drums NOT enabled, the drop-down patch list for Drums offers a small number of choices that are for specific kits (41=Brushes being the obvious example) but the great majority appear to be for specific patches - ie specific bits of a drum kit. Am I understanding that right ?
So on the face of it, selecting, one at a time, two or three specific patches and saving to midi each time, might be a way to go ?
But in fact I can't hear that Biab is responding to my choice of patch at all - there's always still more than one patch audible, for one thing. You might expect "Patch 67" ('High Agogo', from the Preference>Drum Kit patch list) to be rather distinctive, but I don't think that's what I'm hearing. Do I have to additionally enable that choice in some way ?
Sincerely
Ian G
Wales
UK