Re: Hall and Oats and Smokey Robinsons songs

Media Production

that’s odd that you can get to the page from favorite list but not from browser

Rodger

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] Hall and Oats and Smokey Robinsons songs

I'm not sure why the link doesn't work.  I have the link as part of my favorites and I have no problem getting to the page.

Here is a screen capture of the page:

I have never had any problems with adware being downloaded to my computer or extensions being added to my browser.

Ian

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 3:46 PM, 'media production' media_production@... [Band-in-a-Box] <mailto:Band-in-a-Box@yahoogroupscom> wrote:

Thank you DF.  Yikers about having to download a adware or variant browser search engine.  I tried going to http://www.listentoyoutube.com/   that Ian suggested but the URL is not working.  Maybe there is converter out there that does not  require adware or browser search engine download.

Another reason I wanted to convert youtube songs to Mp3 is so it can work with Riffmaster pro-  supposedly this software filters out other music track and you can hear the certain music tracks more isolated and slow it down without affecting pitch.  Does anyone have feedback about  Riffmaster pro and or its competitor Song Surgeon.

Or is there a better software out there for this.

Rodger

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 11:12 AM

Rodger ..

The more or less simple answer. First, let me say that I am not sure of what type of audio file compression is used by YouTube. Regardless, whether it is MP3 or something else, there are no files to be downloaded: it is a streaming service.

There are several websites that generally in exchange for installing some type of adware or variant browser search engine in your browser, have the ability to capture the stream from YouTube or AFAIK any streaming audio and then convert it to an MP3 file, which you can download. As I said before, even it they provided downloading WAV files, the actual audio quality could not be improved over that of the original compressed file used for the streaming that they have captured..

These generally work by having you paste the URL of site streaming the audio into a little applet on your browser.

They are not difficult to use, but I personally found it bothersome to have the program interfere with my lean mean browsing.

And, I already get plenty of ads through my web email accounts ... thank you very much!

DF

From: "'media production' media_production@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@...>
To: Band-in-a-Box@...
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 10:07 AM

This list certainly does not need people bashing others for giving ideas and suggestions.

I think this group has excellent people like DF and David Bailey who add information on topics with great precision and detail expanding the scope of the topic or questions at hand.   This is how threads expand into other related subject matter that enables more “tool set power” in the
creative workflow. 

I hope there are not people giving negative critiques when others are offering additional information. When criticism is made to people for offering additional information it creates an atmosphere where people are afraid to post or lurkers do not come forward. 

This is a great list that David Bailey created and there are all types of people in here.  Some use 3rd party DAW’s, some use Real Band some do not,
Some do not use DAW’s, some are pro some are not pro.

There is a diverse range of users and this list is so wonderful and helpful. This list certainly does not need people bashing others for giving ideas and suggestions.

Rodger

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:55 AM

Hi. In reply ,the question was smokey Robinson tunes . Not the quality of the tune in biab .as you know biab is not without its faults .most. Musicians ,use a more pro daw ,but for fun and the large database of songs biab is excellent Best wishes. Siena

Sent from my iPad

> On 25 Feb 2017, at 23:55, D F Tweedie bienpegaito@... [Band-in-a-Box] <Band-in-a-Box@...> wrote:
>
> DF

Join main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.