From: "Ian Cuthbertson icuthber3@... [Band-in-a-Box]"
To: "Band-in-a-Box@..."
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] Diff. between Coyote and Sforzando

Hi David:

Happy New Year.

Am I correct in saying that Sfortzando soft synth is not a plugin like Coyote?  It is my understanding that there are certain styles that use the Hi-Q sounds so if you wish to take advantage of the Sfortzando sounds you have to use one of the Hi-Q styles.

Cheers,

Ian Cuthbertson

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 10:04 AM, 'David H. Bailey' dhbailey52@... [Band-in-a-Box] <Band-in-a-Box@...> wrote:

On 1/3/2017 8:23 AM, 'Dr. Louis Polizzi' lpolizzi@...
[Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

> Happy New Year to all!
>

> I have recently purchased and installed the 2017 Everything pack upgrade
> from 2015. I was wondering what is the difference between Coyote and
> Sforzando and if they are even related at all?

They are both soft-synths through which you can play BIAB songs with
midi styles without needing to use an external midi device or use your
soundcard's usually horrible built-in midi synth.

BIAB 2017 comes with Hi-Q instruments for the Sforzando soft synth while
the Coyote soft synth uses its own sounds.

Coyote's sounds are alright but the Hi-Q sounds for Sforzando are much
better. The downside is that they take up a lot more hard-disk space
when you install them.

My advice is to install them both as long as you have room and try the
same song file played through both and see for yourself what the
differences are.

http://www. davidbaileymusicstudio.com