From: "Steve Thomas stevet@... [Band-in-a-Box]"
To: Band-in-a-Box@...
Cc: Band-in-a-Box
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:13 AM
Subject: [Band-in-a-Box] Which edition?

I know this is a very subjective question,  but any input is appreciated.  I see I can upgrade to 2017 Pro, Megapack,  UltraPlusPak,  Everything plus Pakistan,  or Audiophile editions. Is there a sweet spot for a casual user?  I use tracks to practice with, and want to use BIAB to create demos and original music, but not a power user by any means.  Thoughts?

On Dec 10, 2016, at 9:04 AM, "'David H. Bailey' dhbailey52@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@...> wrote:

I was just contacted off-list by a BIAB user relating that he had had a
problem with RealBand2017 locking up on him and that he had spoken to
PGMusic techsupport which told him it was a known bug that had been
reported to the development team.

I hadn't played around with RealBand2017 yet (I have rarely used it at
all since it changed from PowerTracks to RealBand) so I started it up
and activated it.

When I started RealBand2017, I opened up a midi file which loaded and
played just fine. Then I opened a different midi file and again it
worked fine.

When I opened a BIAB file the program locked up on me so I force-quit it.

Then I ran RealBand2017 again and got the same bad result.

So until PGMusic releases an update that gets RealBand2017 working with
BIAB files it is only useful as a midi sequencer.

Hopefully they'll get the update out very soon.