From: "Clifton Davis clifdavis@... [Band-in-a-Box]"
To: Band-in-a-Box
Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] BIAB 2017 - Natural Arrangements?

I would assume that if the tracks are frozen with Natural Arangements then they wouldn't change.
Display on the chord display, I doubt it.  It's more of a function of BiaB ignoring the actual chord in the service of musicality.
It's buried down in the new features blurb.  Quoting...
Natural Arrangements option has been added. If you give a pro musician, a complicated chord progression, with fancy extensions like C7b9b13 or Gm11, the musician may reinterpret these rather than playing them exactly as written. This can achieve a much better sounding arrangement because the musician has freedom to choose from similar chord extensions. Now you can get Band-in-a-Box® to do the same thing; you can set this on a global basis (all songs, all tracks), song basis (current song, all tracks), or individual tracks (current song, specific track(s)). For example, you can make a single global setting and all arrangements will allow this.
And from the customer comments section:
"Natural Arrangements Feature: Whatever magic this does, I'm hearing better voice leading in the guitar and piano on my Bossa Nova song with advanced extensions. I'm really liking this!"