From: "Clifton Davis clifdavis@... [Band-in-a-Box]"
To: Band-in-a-Box
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 9:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] Motivic developmetn

I don't know where my mind was on this,  but giving a model of a riff and letting it adopt it to chord structures is exactly what RapidComposer does.  I use it for melodic development, but it will be perfectly happy to work with bass riffs instead.  There is a free demo version you can download, which is good because there's a bit of a learning curve.  You can't save midi or much of anything with the demo, but you can take the notation of the results and enter it back into BiaB or wherever your using it, which is what I did until it was clear the process was going to work for me, at which point I gave them money.
Before that I was creating special styles, two bars at a time to coerce BiaB into doing the work for me and it was a real pain.  It's annoying because BiaB has all the mechanisms inside it to do the job, and in converting a song to a plain C chord throughout, it does the job backwards.  So for me, RapidComposer was worth the learning curve and the money.