Re: Motivic development

D F Tweedie

I believe Ludwig is developed in a non-English speaking country ... German?

I wonder if 'does not run' is a mistranslation of 'is not supported?"

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.

From: "Clifton Davis clifdavis@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@...>
To: Band-in-a-Box
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] Motivic development

Hm.  When I go back to the page at http://www.write-music.com/download.html it still says Ludwig currently DOES NOT RUN YET UNDER WINDOWS 10, SORRY!
at the bottom.   Downloading it to see how it does.

My Windows 7 machine with Ludwig on it died.  :-(

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Peter Smith reedie19@... [Band-in-a-Box] <Band-in-a-Box@...> wrote:

Hi Clif

No other instruments involved; it's working for me with the Midi Output Port set to Microsoft Synthesizer and the Midi out device set to Ludwig Sounds (in Windows 10 64 bit , v1511).

Hi Rodger,
I've only used it as a stand-alone app and not attempted to use it with BIAB. However you can export files from Ludwig in midi and Music xml so there should be no problem importing either into BIAB.

On 11/09/2016 13:57, Clifton Davis clifdavis@... [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

The Ludwig native sound works with W10 or are you feeding it back through another instrument?
(Sorry for the off topic discussion, but it's kind of important to me.)
On Sep 10, 2016 5:06 PM, "Peter Smith reedie19@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@... > wrote:
>
>
>
> Although Ludwig hasn't been updated to work with W10 my version (Ludwig 3.8.0) appears to work without a problem in W10.  Good luck though with trying to contact the developers.  I tried their 'contact us' several times with no response. Also the only retail outlets appear to be Amazon UK who report no stock and no prospect of getting stock, and Amazon US who have 1 so this doesn't appear to be supported or developed any more.
>
>
>
> On 08/09/2016 08:05, D F Tweedie bienpegaito@... [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:
>>
>>  
>> Sorry ... Luddite Win 7 Pro user here.
>>  
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.
>>
>>
>>> ______________________________ __
>>> From: "Clifton Davis clifdavis@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@... >
>>> To: Band-in-a-Box <Band-in-a-Box@... >
>>> Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 11:52 PM
>>> Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] Motivic developmetn
>>>
>>>  
>>> Have they ever come up with a fix so that Ludwig works with Windows 10?
>>> On Sep 7, 2016 7:49 PM, "D F Tweedie bienpegaito@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@... > wrote:
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > Check out this Music Software Ludwig: FAQ
>>> >
>>> > Music Software Ludwig: FAQ
>>> > FAQ for the autocomposing music software Ludwig.
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > It is a program that will use selectable styles to wrap around a melodic riff.
>>> >
>>> > DF
>>> >  
>>> > From: "Angelo angelo.nyc@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@... >
>>> > To: BIAB Group <Band-in-a-Box@... >
>>> > Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 5:25 PM
>>> > Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] Motivic developmetn
>>> >
>>> > You might try this program. It's something like BIAB, but I think it's more what you're looking for. You could also ask the people on their forum if they know of a program that does exactly what you want to do....
>>> > https://www.cs.hmc.edu/~ keller/jazz/improvisor/
>>> >
>>> > On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 7:19 AM, sda418@... [Band-in-a-Box] <Band-in-a-Box@... > wrote:
>>> >>
>>> >>  
>>> >> ll,
>>> >>
>>> >> Is there any way in BIAB to suggest a motive (or riff) to work around. Say for example i have a bass riff I'm particularly fond of.  Can I suggest that BIAB use this idea as a model to build a bass line around, but BIAB is free to alter it in any way it sees fit to fit into the changes and chord patterns presented to it.  Or is this something that has to be done at the style level?
>>> >>
>>> >> Thanks
>>> >> Steven
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >> ______________________________ __
>>> >> From: "Angelo angelo.nyc@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@... >
>>> >> To: BIAB Group <Band-in-a-Box@... >
>>> >> Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 5:25 PM
>>> >> Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] Motivic developmetn
>>> >>
>>> >>  
>>> >> You might try this program. It's something like BIAB, but I think it's more what you're looking for. You could also ask the people on their forum if they know of a program that does exactly what you want to do....
>>> >> https://www.cs.hmc.edu/~ keller/jazz/improvisor/
>>> >>
>>> >> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 7:19 AM, sda418@... [Band-in-a-Box] <Band-in-a-Box@... > wrote:
>>> >>>
>>> >>>  
>>> >>> ll,
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Is there any way in BIAB to suggest a motive (or riff) to work around. Say for example i have a bass riff I'm particularly fond of.  Can I suggest that BIAB use this idea as a model to build a bass line around, but BIAB is free to alter it in any way it sees fit to fit into the changes and chord patterns presented to it.  Or is this something that has to be done at the style level?
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Thanks
>>> >>> Steven 
>>> >>>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> So that
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
>

Join main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.