Re: New Member, 'I'm Rick James'

D F Tweedie

Kevin ...

Almost all the tutorial series include one preview lesson for free. I am not positive there is a preview for the Band In A Box series, but I would be very surprised if there wasn't.

If there is a preview lesson, whatever topic it might be, it should be representative of the whole series approach. Eli Krantzberg, the instructor for the BIAB offering is a very good teacher.

You could check out the preview and decide for yourself.

Best of luck.

DF

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.

To: Band-in-a-Box@...
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] New Member, 'I'm Rick James'

I am blind. Do you think these video tutorials give enough verbal information to be of help to me?

Thanks.

On 3/19/2016 12:23 PM, D F Tweedie bienpegaito@... [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

Rick ...

While this site is an excellent source of important 'piece meal' information for features or trouble shooting, it is not directly a way to learn to use BIAB.

Do yourself a huge favor and either purchase this tutorial or subscribe to the website so you can view it.

It will save you hours and hours of frustration.

Would you advise someone to buy a guitar without learning to tune and restring it?

DF

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.

From: "jamesgang7755@... [Band-in-a-Box]" <Band-in-a-Box@...>
To: Band-in-a-Box@...
Sent: Sunday, March 6, 2016 5:08 AM
Subject: [Band-in-a-Box] New Member, 'I'm Rick James'

Yea, seriously...
New member to this group, new BiaB user and long time guitar player.
I am mainly interested in backing tracks that I can sing and play along with. It is quite a daunting prospect to create tracks from scratch for someone who was no experience with digital audio work stations or music software of any kind. Although I do write some of my own songs, I mainly play cover tunes that I will twist and bend to my own ear. Most often I will change the key (to suit my vocal range) and sometimes I will go really wild and change the time signature.
It would be very helpful if I could find some 'raw' BiaB song files (.SGU ?) that I could download and manipulate to my own purposes.
I fear that I have a very steep learning curve ahead of me, thankfully music is a life long addiction.
Later...
Rick

Join main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.