Re: WinXP could use my computer's MIDI resources but...

D F Tweedie

MIDI files have no sound. They must be routed to a hardware or software synth. Your setup in BIAB is not properly routed. Check the manual for more specific info. BIAB includes a softsynth ... as does Windows. Your other program was somehow able to automatically access the Window's synth or hook up to one included with it.

DF

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.

To: "Band-in-a-Box@..."
Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2015 5:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] WinXP could use my computer's MIDI resources but...

Midi works fine with mine Windows 10-BIAB 2015 not sure what is going on with yours.....are you using virtual synths?

To: Band-in-a-Box@...
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 12:57 AM
Subject: [Band-in-a-Box] WinXP could use my computer's MIDI resources but...

...neither Win7 nor Win10 appears to be able to use MIDI to output sound files from Band in a Box.

I've tried outputting to both .WAV and .MID file formats, but the files have no sound data.

It's as if Windows has forgotten there is a MIDI capability when I'm in BIAB.

On the other hand, Noteworthy Composer just did an export to a MIDI file that was playable in Windows Media Player.

What am I missing?

P.S. I just replace the 40GB hard drive with a 500GB drive and installed a fresh, purchased copy of Win7 that I bought a few years ago for my kid's laptop, then never installed. Until this week, that is. I thought I'd give Win10 a whirl before I got too much work loaded on the new drive. I don't usually tweak the dickens out of my hardware. Just FYI.

Join main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.