Re: Any tips on organising styles ?

Bob 'Notes' Norton <norton@...>

At 11:00 PM 1/23/01 +0000, "Alisdair MacRae Birch" wrote:
Thanks for your great note on .ls3 files.

You are welcome, my pleasure.

I'm going to put all this
information together in a Styles.faq for inclusion in the Styles
folder.

Thanks. Feel free to share it with anyone.

BTW, great note on what this group could become. As we grow we could
become a great source of knowledge etc. Documenting "stuff" that PG
Music have not had the time or the inclination to do.

It is nice having a group that is not under the control of PG Music. Not that PG ever abused its control in its forum, in fact they were very tolerant of criticism. But having them lead the group makes for a feeling of a company group (for loss of a better term). I don't know how to explain it. It just seems like we are looking to PG instead of each other for everything. Perhaps Parent/child might be a better term.

Of course that is not a negative, just different. And the PG Forum is a great thing when you find bugs in the program, or need the kind of help only PG can supply, because they can respond quickly.

But there is something about being independent of the program that should make this more of a peer to peer community.

This group should compliment, not replace that forum.

BTW, I do expect them to monitor this group. It would be in their best interests to do so.

As Bob says
it's up to us all to make this a great group!

Indeed. The first group I ever joined was a wind synth players group. I started out lurking, then participating. I received so much information from so many experts on the subject of wind synthesis, that I think I learn in one year what it would take ten to learn on my own. Plus I made some great friends.

I am hoping this becomes as rich and colorful as the wind synth group.

Bob "Notes" Norton
owner, Norton Music
norton@...

FREE Midi Files ... Band-in-a-Box improvement software ... links to MIDI file search pages ... download and print sheet music directly from the web ... a few jokes to brighten your day ... and some way cool stuff of interest to musicians!!!