Re: Need Help Recording Audio

D F Tweedie

Good point, Chris. It's usually called 'direct monitoring.' This is generally only available when you have an audio interface that supports it ... no regular built in sound cards do this as far as I know.

I also have a vague memory that your software also has to be able to have a setting to take advantage of this function in order for what you are recording to have a delay added that is in sync with the latency of the played back audio. Remember, the problem here is not singing in sync to the music, but having the music recorded so that it will still be in sync on playback. This is of course a slightly different issue than the latency that would occur were you playing a softsynth on a midi keyboard.