Re: New poll for Band-in-a-Box

Kenny Danielson <kendan@...>

I was going to answer the Reed rant but Norton did it quite expertly.

A point not emphasized enough is that it isn't a Mac vs. PC thing but
an OS thing. My OS was Windows NT4 but I had to make a dual boot
system for the audio stuff that was originally written for Mac and then
grudgingly adapted for Windows95. Mac is a good machine for media
types and you may remember when it was that they got all the attention
while the PC's had to settle for imperfectly adapted software or none
at all. Even now, my PC must dual boot W2K and W98 to use current
audio programs (originally Mac) that have not yet been updated.

The common advice in 1978, when I bought my first computer, was to
chose the software and then get a computer that would run it. Still true
today, unfortunately. It is really amazing that any software is written
for Mac these days, given the small population of users.

Norton's point about piracy is right on. If you want to see more output
from your favorite authors then support them. Keep pirating and they
will disappear forever.

Mac is a superior system for some things but keep in mind that market
forces dictate so don't take it personally if the consensus is contrary to
your desires and if you insist on championing a lost cause, you are quite
likely to be endlessly frustrated.

Kenny