Re: Frustration

M. Steven Ginn <sginn@...>

Hi Dave,

thanks for the reply

You didn't say which version of BIAB you have, or which
styles disk you have
or if you have a PC or Mac.
I have version 10 for the PC and I have no idea what styles disk I have.
I originally purchased a combo pak that contained BB 8.0 and Powertraks
Pro and then recently upgraded to version 10, but I have only gone
through the standard installation and don't know what features (styles)
were installed.

First of all, If you have not done so, I would recommend
getting the MegaPack
upgrade to the latest version (version 10 for the PC). It
includes ALL the
styles up to and including Styles disk 26, and at a much
better price than
buying individual styles disks. Some of the latest styles
require version 10
to function properly.
I wish I would have known about upgrading to the MegaPack before I
recently upgraded to version 10.

So I assume these other Styles disks improve BB sound it doesn't sound
so "computeresque" cheesy?

BIAB is much more functional with a good selection of styles.
As for notation entering and editing, its quite easy.
There are 3 modes of notation. Pressing the N button toggles
I figured this part out and yes, clicking on the staff with the mouse is
fairly easy, if you are willing to accept what it gives you.

between these 3
modes. Shift click to backup one mode. In the editable
Also, If you use the mouse to enter a note, it will enter a
"long" note, but
when the next note is clicked, the previous note is
automatically shortened,
the next note is automatically shortened so that the combined notes in
the measure add up to the required number of beats per measure, but the
shortened notes don't necessarily arrive in the correct order. For
example you might want 1.5 + .25 + 1 + 1 + .25, but BB gives you 1 + .75
+ .25 + 1 + 1 (very crude I know, but it explains the problems I
experienced with a single measure for a long time before giving up.

Thanks,

Steve